The Kidney & Urology Foundation of America, Inc. could not provide its programs without the help and support of many people. As a nonprofit organization that receives no government funding, the Foundation relies on the contributions of individuals and its partnerships with corporations. The generosity and participation of people like you make the work of the Foundation possible.
To fundraise for our cause, KUFA runs several campaigns throughout the year.
LifeCars™ is an ongoing program to support patient and professional programs. It’s a win-win situation where your car donation goes to help save a life and/or support someone afflicted with kidney or urologic disease.
WALK the WALK for Organ and Tissue Donation and WALK the WALK for Research and Awareness of Prostate Disease are events that bring together the patient and professional communities while promoting public awareness and raising much needed dollars for continuing our work.
The Dream Car Sweepstakes is an annual chance to win a fabulous car. Tickets are sold by professionals, patients, family members and the public.
Banquets and other events are held to promote our cause, to honor important business and professional leaders to our program and to involve the community.
The Foundation is also happy to receive gifts, memorials, real estate, bequests, and other securities in support of our cause. All donations to the Foundation are 100% tax deductible.
Want to participate in or organize Golf Events to support the families of the Kidney & Urology Foundation? Call 1.800.633.6628 to find out more.
WHAT CAN YOU DO? . . . GET INVOLVED!
- Know the warning signs of kidney and urologic diseases and visit your doctor if you are suffering from these symptoms.
- Have your blood pressure checked. If you have high blood pressure, follow your doctor's advice. It could make the difference.
- If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, or are a relative of someone who has, you have an increased risk of kidney disease. If you are African American, Hispanic American or Native American, you also have an increased risk of prostate cancer. Find out what to do. Call the Kidney & Urology Foundation of America for information.
- Exercise and maintain a healthy diet. Adult onset diabetes is a growing problem in the U.S. and is related to problems such as obesity, poor diet and lack of exercise.
- Avoid overuse of over-the-counter painkillers. If you have arthritis or some other chronic painful condition, discuss the use of painkillers with your doctor.
Become one of those special people who are concerned about the public’s health.
- Let your elected representatives know your views on the importance of medical research, health care and programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.
Contribute to the cause.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to the Kidney & Urology Foundation in support of research and programs that touch lives.
- Donate your used car to our Life Cars campaign. You'll help the Foundation and may be entitled to a tax deduction equal to your vehicle's fair market value. Call 1-800-63-DONATE.
- Participate in KUFA’s Walks and special events. Call the Kidney & Urology Foundation to find out more.
- Remember the Kidney & Urology Foundation of America, Inc. when you write your will by making a bequest to the Foundation.