What I need to know about Urinary Tract Infections
What is a urinary tract infection (UTI)?
- prostate (in men)
- Kidneys. Your kidneys collect wastes and extra water from your blood to make urine.
- Ureters. The ureters carry the urine from your kidneys to your bladder.
- Bladder. Your bladder stores the urine and squeezes it out when full.
- Prostate. The prostate adds fluid to semen.
- Urethra. The urethra carries the urine out of your bladder when you urinate.
*Words in bold type are defined in the glossary