SARMs: Why Should You Stay Away From it?
You must have heard that an athlete has been barred from a particular tournament because he was using some drugs. Now people who do not have a profound understanding of these so-called “Drugs” believe they might be smoking pot or doing something similar. But that is not the case. When the news channels mention that they have been caught using some illegal drugs, they mean the SARMs.
If you are not aware, SARMs stand for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators. If you Google the term, you might find multiple articles discussing the various benefits of SARMs and the reasons for consuming them. However, if you are an athlete or a bodybuilder, you must already know that there are certain classes of drugs you should stay away from, and SARMs are one of them.
SARMs, when used by people, generally help in boosting performance. But, you may wonder how that is possible. Well, SARMs are some synthetically designed ligands that bind to the body’s androgen receptors. In this way, they help increase the process of anabolism or accumulating muscle mass and increase strength.
The sale of SARMs for research purposes is legal. However, if someone is consuming it, it becomes illegal as SARMs possess high health risks.
Are SARMs harmful?
It is the most frequently asked question among the masses, and the simple answer is yes! The Food and Drug Administration does not approve the usage of SARMs, and there are obvious reasons behind it.
The organization frequently preaches via various sources about how multiple companies use SARMs in their supplements to boost the muscle-building process.
Chemically SARMs are similar to that steroids. The only difference is that steroids, which are performance boosters, bind to all the androgen receptors in the body. SARMs, on the other hand, attach to specific regions where their effect is required.
Due to this property, people believe that consuming SARMs can help them target specific muscles and give better results. However, they don’t understand the risk they bring along with.
Lesser side effects of this drug include mood swings, a decrease in the size of the testicles, acne, etc., if consumed more extendedly, increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, or even permanent liver damage.
Adarine, Testolone, and Ostarine are some drugs that fall under SARMs, and you should stay away from them.
Common Ingredients Found In the Alternatives of SARMs
Since SARMs are illegal to consume, it does not mean there is no way to target specific muscles. Multiple companies have created numerous alternatives with various formulas of ingredients. Since the final motive of these products is the same, many critical components are shared among all of these. The common ones are listed as:
1. Vitamin D3: This ingredient is necessary when we talk about solid bones and muscles. It enhances the body’s capability to absorb calcium and phosphorus, resulting in stronger bones and muscles.
2. Zinc: One of the highlighted benefits you will find in almost all the alternatives of SARMs is faster muscle recovery. This effect is possible due to the presence of zinc in those supplements. It also aids in protein synthesis, thus helping achieve the bulk look faster.
3. Nettle Leaf: This is one of those organic ingredients in almost all high-end alternatives to SARM. Nettle leaf has properties that reduce muscle inflammations, regulate blood pressure and sugar levels, and work as an excellent source of nutrients.
4. Wild Yam Root Powder: It is quite a common ingredient in the popular alternatives to SARMs. It helps prevent muscle cramps, reduces muscle pains, strengthens bones, and extends your workout period in gyms.
5. Korean Red Ginseng Extract: Ginseng is a herb that has been used by people traditionally for ages. The primary purpose of having Ginseng in the product is to reduce fatigue and tiredness in the consumer. When the tiredness is reduced, the individual gets new energy and enthusiasm to work harder towards their goals.
6. Fenugreek: Also an organic component that the supplement industry has widely exploited. The primary function of Fenugreek is to build muscles. It helps balance sugar levels in the blood and insulin release from pancreatic cells. In this way, it regulates glucose transport to the muscle cells.
Benefits of Using Alternatives of SARMs
There are multiple benefits for which people are bending toward the various alternatives of SARMs. They can be:
On a Final Note
With such excellent alternatives in the market, bodybuilders and athletes can quickly achieve their body goals without relying on harmful SARMs. There are several options in the market, so choose the one that suits your needs. However, when buying supplements like alternatives to SARMs, you should always buy from renowned companies to avoid any significant side effects.
However, getting in touch with your doctor or gym trainer is advisable before starting with any of these. Also, since these products contain certain herbal extracts, many people could be allergic to them. So read the ingredients first and learn in detail about each before consuming.